Invisalign® aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles, and they can help you too.
What are Invisalign® aligners?
Invisalign® aligners are an effective and discreet orthodontic treatment option that is worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing. Invisalign® aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. Our expert staff at Castle Peak Dental is prepared to answer any questions you may have about Invisalign® and help you determine if it is right for you.Call to Schedule a Consultation
How much does Invisalign® cost?
Though cost is patient-specific, the average cost at Castle Peak Dental is around $5,600, but the cost can vary depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover Invisalign® the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover Invisalign for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length/complexity of treatment. With Invisalign®, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
We will provide an exact estimate once you’ve had an initial consultation. If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.
Invisalign® Process & Care
To begin, we will take photographs of your teeth and face, dental impressions of your teeth, and X-rays. Those records are sent to Invisalign® with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear. Invisalign® will scan the impressions to create a 3D model of the teeth and work with our dentists to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to our office.View Invisalign® Cleaning Products
How long does Invisalign® take?
With Invisalign® aligners, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set shifting the teeth slightly-this continues until you have achieved your final results. On average, cases take 10-12 months, but it can take up to 2 years. We will have a check-in appointment about every 6-8 weeks. Our patients are so thrilled with the end result that they like to have their teeth whitened afterward. We will provide you with one set of retainers and a complimentary tube of whitening gel. If you wish to have them whitened further, we offer both in-house whitening and take-home whitening trays.Learn More About Our Teeth Whitening Service
Invisalign® vs. Braces – What’s the Difference?
There are many differences between Invisalign® and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of Invisalign® to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. Invisalign® uses clear, transparent aligners, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. Invisalign® aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. Invisalign® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. Invisalign® aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. Invisalign® aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
Will Invisalign® work for me?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use Invisalign®. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. Invisalign® can even help patients with minor bite issues, however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with Invisalign®. More extensive problems will require additional treatment.
Our clear aligners specialist, Dr. Kassmel, can assess if Invisalign® will work for you and help you get the smile of your dreams thanks to her 20+ years of experience with Invisalign® and her commitment to continued education.
Meet Our Invisalign® Specialist
Dr. Summer Kassmel
Dr. Kassmel is committed to treating each patient as an individual and helping people achieve their goals for a healthy and beautiful smile. She is the state’s only GP Platinum Plus Level Invisalign® Provider and has over 500 hours of continuing education hours. She has practiced in Eagle, Colorado since 2004 and enjoys the small-town atmosphere and community.
Explore More Services
Invisalign® in conjunction with veneers or fillings can change a smile forever. It is often much more conservative to move the teeth to the correct restorative position and then do conservative preparation of the tooth. These procedures leave as much of the tooth intact as possible.